As you are all aware, the iPhone XS has numerous new features. The new model has better security features like a speedier Face ID. People enable both the password and Face ID security features on their iPhones to keep them out of the hands of strangers. While these are great additions, people have complained about having difficulty using them. Some customers have experienced issues with their passcode and Face ID technology, stating that their iPhone XS would not unlock if the passcode is lost. However, with the appropriate methods, it is easy to circumvent this security mechanism and ensure that your phone is never locked out. If you want to buy a new iPhone XS but your budget is small, you can get a used iPhone XS at a lower price but with the same excellent features.
In this article, we will go through the best techniques to unlock iPhone XS once you have lost its passcode:
- How to Unlock iPhone XS Using an Unlock Tool?
Our first solution is a third-party app named dr. fone – Screen Unlock (iOS). If the device is locked and there is no other way to look around, this is the best tool. This function is particularly developed for unlocking locked iOS devices. If you ever forget your passcode, utilize dr. fone to unlock it.
It is, however, a straightforward operation that you will complete in no time:
- To begin, connect your iPhone XS via USB. Choose the ‘Unlock’ option.
- Then a screen pops up, prompting you to begin the unlocking procedure.
- It would help if you now restart your iPhone in DFU mode. Dr.fone will guide you through the process of rebooting the phone in DFU mode. However, you have to switch off your phone and simultaneously press the Volume Down and Power buttons for 10 seconds. Hold the Volume Down button while releasing the Power button until the device boots into DFU mode.
- Now you must download the firmware for your iPhone, but first, you must validate the model of your iPhone XS. Check that the phone model and iOS version are suitable. If not, utilize the dropdown menus to choose the appropriate versions. Then, click ‘Download’ to obtain the necessary firmware.
- After downloading the software, click on ‘Unlock Now’ to unlock your iPhone XS.
- It will take a few minutes to unlock the iPhone.
- How to Unlock iPhone Xs by Restoring With iTunes?
Those who have locked their iPhone XS and do not wish to utilize third-party software may now use iTunes to overcome the restriction entirely. Please remember that if you select iTunes, your data will be erased. This is because the only way to circumvent the lock without a password is to reset it to default mode and to restore an iPhone XS to default settings, you must utilize iTunes’ Recovery Mode.
To utilize this approach, you must disable the ‘Find My iPhone’ function on the iPhone itself.
Here’s how to use iTunes to unlock your iPhone XS without a passcode or face ID. Follow the instructions below:
- To begin, launch iTunes and connect only your USB cable.
- Now, grab your iPhone XS and restart it.
- You should see a dialog box on iTunes alerting you that you are in recovery mode. To begin the restoration procedure, click ‘Restore.’
The Recovery Mode approach is successful, but there is one drawback: the data on the iPhone device will be erased. To reduce the loss, back up all of your data to an iCloud account.
- How can I use iCloud to unlock my iPhone XS Without a Passcode?
The third way to unlock an iPhone XS on our list is to use iCloud. You know that iCloud is excellent for backing up contacts, movies, images, and other vital data. But did you know that if your iPhone XS doesn’t open, you may utilize iCloud to unlock it? This is handy for iPhone users who have a passcode but cannot remember it. As a result, if you have an iCloud account, you may use it to unlock the iPhone XS.
- Go to the official iCloud website and log in using your Apple credentials.
- Now, select the ‘Find My iPhone’ option.
- You will be given a list of all the devices linked to your account.
- When you click the ‘Erase’ button, you will be asked a security question to validate your decision.
This approach does have one drawback. You must have an iCloud account, and your data may be lost. However, you can subsequently restore the information using backed-up data previously.
Does the Tricking Siri Method Unlock iPhone Xs?
There have been several publications recently concerning this strategy. Experts want to set the record straight, saying you can’t trick Siri into unlocking your iPhone XS. In some iPhone models, you could fool Siri into unlocking your handset and navigating to the home screen without going through the lock screen. The method worked on a few gadgets and was a big hit because it kept our info while unlocking our device.
It was a flaw on Apple’s end that was present in iOS 10.3. As a result, if your smartphone is still running iOS 10.3, you should give it a shot. Unfortunately, the only option to get around an iPhone XS that won’t unlock right now is to reinstall your smartphone. The method will not work since the iPhone XS is now iOS 14.
Overall, Apple’s new Face ID and passcode technology are excellent features for the iPhone XS since it adds another layer of security. However, because technology is new, we believe people will need time to adjust. There will be errors while this occurs, such as you struggling to unlock your phones using Face ID. There are several methods for resolving passcode/Face ID issues. To address your troubles, all you need is an iCloud account, iTunes, or an appropriate third-party software like dr.fone mentioned above.
If you need to update your phone, you can buy a used iPhone XS at a reasonable price from a reliable website like Phone Daddy.